Organic Skincare Australia
Here at Saltwater Naturals, our skincare products are natural, organic, cruelty free, hand crafted and made in Australia. We believe that nature provides what is best for our skin and that plant based ingredients are highly effective and safe to use, while caring for the environment. We are Ocean lovers at Heart and its minerals, algaes, salts and clays are our magic.
Shop for organic beauty products at Saltwater Naturals!
A simple 3 step skincare routine includes: Cleansing, Toning & Moisturising. From there you can add products to target your individual skin concerns such as hydration, balancing oil, blemish control, mature skin or reactive skin.
We have created sets to help you shop for your skin type that offers a saving too. And we are here to help! We offer a free skin consultation & helpful tips, blog posts and product descriptions, all to benefit you and your skin. We’d love to create a bespoke skincare routine just for you!
SKINCARE & BODY PRODUCTS
Our skin care range includes face cleansers, toners, serums, moisturisers, eye cream, face scrubs, face masks and treatments including vitamin c, hyaluronic acid, vitamins b3 & b5, vitamin A.
Our body care range includes luscious body scrubs, essential oil perfumes, body oils, body balms & bath salts for ultimate pampering.
SKIN TYPES 101
If you have….
- Tight, dry skin with flakey spots, worse in winter and from contact with chlorine, dull, tired, and you are prone to wrinkles, you likely have DRY SKIN. Your skin lacks the lipids it needs to retain moisture and build a protective shield against the environment. This skin type can also be blemished, as oil production is imbalanced. Your skin needs rich Serums, Oils and Balms to maximum hydration and protection. Use hyaluronic acid, glycerin
- Shiny skin, acne, blackheads, large pores, hormone imbalances and your makeup slides off by the end of the day, you likely have OILY SKIN. You want to avoid harsh products that dry out the skin though. Drying ingredients can trigger your skin to work harder at producing more oil, resulting in oilier skin. An ongoing cycle that leads to blocked pores and more blemishes. Your skin needs gentle Exfoliation to remove dead skin cells. Fruit Acids, Clay Masks and gentle Face Scrubs are crucial to use weekly.
- Redness, irritation, rosacea, commonly react to ingredients, sunburn easily, and inflammation, you likely have SENSITIVE SKIN. Sensitive skin types will often be Dry, but are highly sensitive to products and the environment. Perhaps this skin types benefits the most from natural skincare, as there are no chemicals or harsh ingredients to contend with. Your skin needs simple, pure ingredients in Serums, Oils and Balms. Avoid synthetic fragrances, parabens and all chemicals.
Or you may have…
- COMBINATION SKIN – both dry and oily parts to the face.
- NORMAL SKIN – no problems or skin concerns.
- MATURE SKIN – which comes with age. Skin gets drier and less taught with age, more fine lines and wrinkles appear and skin shows damage from previous sun exposure.
Skin conditions include:
- Dehydration – your skin lacks water, not oil. This can be caused by overzealous exfoliation and/or cleansing. Use nourishing Cleansers, replenishing Toners, Hyaluronic Acid Serums and Moisturisers.
- Hyperpigmentation – your skin has discoloured marks or patches due to an imbalance in melanin production. This may be caused by the sun, pregnancy, be hereditary, age spots or injury (previous blemishes). This is a difficult condition to treat, and it may last for years. Exfoliate regularly, and use Vitamin C products to brighten the skin and support collagen production, and be vigilant about using an SPF sunscreen.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles – while genes play a big part in how severe/ how many wrinkles we get, as well as having underlying Dry Skin, an anti ageing skincare routine should include Vitamin A, C & E, and potent Antioxidant formulas.