Bathing in Salts
Since the time of the Ancient Egyptians, various cultures have been using salt bathing therapy for their sicknesses and injuries. The minerals found in bath salts are critical nutrients for our bodies, which are often not absorbed, or poorly absorbed, from our food. Bathing in salt is extremely beneficial for you, from regulating the water throughout your body to helping clear mucus within your lungs. A natural sleep hypnotic that also relieves muscle cramps and tension, these bath salts are your answer to body comfort and health.
There are many benefits of bathing in salts..
- Eases stress and relaxes the body.
- Relieves pain and muscle cramps.
- Boosts magnesium levels.
- Helps muscles and nerves function properly.
- Helps prevent hardening of arteries and blood clots.
- Makes insulin more effective.
- Relieves constipation.
- Soothes sunburn, psoriasis, inflammation, migraines.
- Eliminates toxins from the body.
- Heals cuts, speeds up healing of injuries with stitches.
Which Salts are Best?
Many types of salts are said to have health benefits when used as bath soaks due to nutritive elements through absorption by the skin. The best of the bunch include:
- Dead Sea Salts from the Dead Sea near Israel, have a salt content of 29%, compared to 4% in the oceans. The major ions of Dead Sea water include: chloride, magnesium, sodium, calcium and potassium.
- Epsom Salts contain magnesium sulphate. Originating from spring waters at Epsom, England. Officially, Epsom is not actually a salt, but naturally occurring pure mineral,
- Himalayan Salts from the Himalayan Mountains, Pakistan. From buried mountains (literally) of sedimentary rock. Himalayan Salts, unlike Dead Sea salts and Epsom salts are the same salts used for food. Pink in colour.
Lagoon Salt Soak
Containing a deeply detoxifying blend of Epsom salts, Magnesium Flakes, Dead Sea Salts with Essential oils of Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus and Rosemary.
Wildflower Salt Soak
A vibrant blend of Himalayan Crystals, Australian Sea Salts and Rose Buds makes for an indulgent and relaxing bath soak.