All About Saltwater Naturals Candles
One fabulous alternative to paraffin candles is a natural beeswax candle. Did you know that beeswax candles are a natural air-purifier? Read more about this natural alternative below.
Why do we sell Beeswax Candles?
We believe candles made from beeswax are the most natural to buy, and the healthiest for our bodies to breath in. We love how they purify the air in our homes. (Read below). We make these by hand in small batches and mix with GMO free pure soy for the perfect performing natural candle.
Where is our wax sourced from?
What you will find with standard soy wax candles is that more than 90% of soy worldwide is genetically modified! GM soy crops are heavily sprayed with toxic pesticides. The soy wax we use is in its pure form, which means it does not contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs), chemicals, soy additives or synthetics. The beeswax we use for our candles and products is sourced locally from a honey farm on the Surf Coast, Australia. We source the beeswax in its raw form, and strain out impurities by hand. This combo makes for a 100% pure and natural candle.
What do we use to fragrance our candles?
Our Plant-Based Aroma’s are produced using only pure essential oils and aromatic isolates derived solely from natural, raw botanical sources. We do not use synthetic fragrances or dyes.
What wicks do we use?
Our candles are made with pure cotton wicks.
How else do our candles differ?
You will find our candles may not have the most perfect surface due to raw materials, however this does not affect the performance of the candle.
Beeswax vs Paraffin vs Soy Candles
The most common types of candles available for purchase are made with Parrafin or Soy. Soy wax is 100% biodegradable while paraffin is not. Paraffin is pure chemical and very cheap. Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans, while paraffin is a refined gasoline by-product (toxic). I don’t know about you, but I’d rather not breathe in gasoline…!
Beeswax Candle Facts:
- The only candle that emits negative ions to purify, cleanse, improve air quality, and invigorate the body. A natural ionizer! Negative ions are drawn to positive ions. Positive ions hold on to airborne things like dust, mold and odors; the negative ions latch on to the “contaminated” positive ions and weigh them down this causes the contaminated positive ions to fall to the ground thereby cleaning and purifying the air.
- Have a high melting point (in fact the highest among all known waxes) which results in a significantly longer (2-5 times) burn time and drip very little, if any at all. This offsets their higher cost.
- Rare and expensive. Beeswax costs about 10 times more than paraffin. But that is because bees need to produce 10kg of honey to make 1kg of wax!
- Beeswax candles burn very cleanly when the wick is trimmed properly, producing hardly any soot.
- They are hypo-allergenic, and benefit those with environmental allergies, sensitivities, and asthma.
- They are environmentally friendly, originating from a renewable fuel – beeswax. This supports local bee keeping.
Usage & Safety Tips
- For the first use, it is recommended to burn your candle for 3 hours so that the entire top surface melts evenly. This will prevent your candle from tunnelling.
- Trim the wick to 0.5cm each time the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large.
- Never leave a candle unattended and ensure product is out of reach of children and animals.
- Do not burn for more than 3 hours and make sure it is away from flammable material.
- Store in a dry place away from heat.
- Reuse our glass jars for tea bags, cotton balls or spices.
Beeswax Candle Range
You can find our hand poured Organic Beeswax Candle’s here. We also sell Reed Diffusers in matching aromas.