Have you heard of Cocooning? It simply means pampering yourself in your own home. If you can’t afford a spa visit, why not recreate the experience at home with these easy treats that will leave you feeling positively pampered.
Having a spa day at home can be just as relaxing and beautifying as a day spent somewhere expensive. Don’t let your busy life make you forget to take care of yourself, you’ll see how easy, affordable, and beneficial a little pampering can be. A great idea to do the night before your wedding, or a fun evening in with girlfriends (a jacuzzi will do!).
Take a Bath with …
- Bath Salts. Soak for 20-40mins and let the minerals relax your muscles, increase your magnesium levels and detoxify your body.
- Bath Oil. Pour in a splash of bath oil and enjoy silky smooth, hydrated skin all over. Just tie your hair up so your hair doesn’t get oily!
- Candles. Create a pleasant atmosphere and light a candle or two. Choose a natural candle free from paraffin, GMO soy and synthetic fragrances.
- Bath Tea & Flowers. A luxurious addition allowing herbs and flowers to infuse your bath water, much like drinking a cup of herbal tea.
- Milk Bath. The moisturising properties of milk are highly soothing for itchy, dry skin.
- Facial Mask. As you relax, why not apply a facial mask and let it revitalise tired, dull skin.
- Essential Oils. Add a drop or two to your bath water and breathe in your favourite aroma, adding the healing properties of aromatherapy to the room.
- Body Scrub. Use a salt/sugar body scrub or try dry brushing. Increasing circulation and exfoliating dead skin cells is key to healthy skin.
- A Cuppa. Take in your favourite glass of wine, cup of tea or water to sip on as you soak.
- Music. Press play and let your favourite playlist drown out any background noise.