Ever wondered what that skincare product between your cleanser & moisturiser actually does for your skin? We uncover pretty good reasons not to skip this step into your skincare routine.
What is a Toner?
A toner is a skin care product, usually water-based, that’s meant to minimise the appearance of large pores and further cleanse the skin, picking up any makeup or debris that may have been left behind. Using a facial toner or face mist is an important step in your natural skin care routine. Applied after cleansing, and before moisturising, toners help remove dead skin cells and work to reset the pH balance of your skin.
Choose your toner carefully, and you’ll have a hard-working product that will help with the following:
1. Cleanses. A toner helps sweep away impurities, leaving pores clean and less noticeable. It’s great to use if you wear makeup, when you see that the cotton ball comes off clear, you can be sure your skin is thoroughly cleansed, and that no makeup or dirt is left behind.
2. Hydrates. Some toners contain hydrating ingredients, which are important immediately after cleansing to set the stage for moisturisation. Your favorite moisturiser will penetrate skin much more effectively if the skin is already hydrated.
3. Balance Oily Skin. If you have oily skin, you want a toner that is going to help you keep your skin clean and your pores unclogged.
4. Protects. A quality toner will include antioxidants and extracts that help protect your skin from environmental stressors.
What is a Face Mist?
Unlike water that is actually drying for your skin (because tap water contains chlorine etc), mists are formulated with ingredients that not only deliver instant hydration but also protects and soothes skin. With just a spritz or two, these ultra moisturising liquids take your skin from looking “tired and dull” to
“radiant and fresh”. Perfect for the summer months or if you live in humid weather.
Using a Facial Mist can help:
- Hydrate. We all could use a bit of hydration when it comes to our skin and hydration mists are the perfect product to keep those moisture levels up. If you feel like your skin is lacking some moisture, spritz to rehydrate. A facial spray is especially nice to have around during the summer months, or if you are travelling or in air-conditioning all day long.
- Make Up Application. If you find that after you’ve touched up your makeup you have a not so pleasant powdery look, spritz on a little facial spray. It will help the powder better blend into the skin giving you a more flawless finish. A good facial mist can keep your makeup looking glowy throughout the day.
- Moisturising Application. Face mist helps you seal in extra moisture by trapping water into your skin cells. You can apply your Serum immediately after your Facial Mist as the water content will help your skin absorb the Serum quicker.
- Soothe Skin. Facial mists formulated with Floral Waters, Chamomile and Herbal Extracts instantly calm the skin, alleviate itchiness and target redness.
Toner vs Face Mist
Traditionally toners are most helpful and necessary for people with Oily, Combination or Blemish-Prone skin, or for people who want extra cleansing after wearing makeup or other heavy skin products such as sunscreen. The moisturising qualities of Face Mists on the other hand, help improve dry, flaky skin. Normal, Dry, Mature & Sensitive Skin types would highly benefit from using this product!
Boost Skin Mist
Using a hydrating face spray can be a saviour for your skin especially for dry skin types.
A quick and easy way to add an antioxidant boost to your everyday skin care routine. This superfood infused toning mist blends rich berry extracts to fight free radical damage and restore maximum hydration. Alcohol Free..
Deep Sea Toner
A beautiful blend of botanicals which work together to balance normal to combination skin, removing excess oil to clean & refine the pores, leaving the skin feeling refreshed and looking radiant. Including Sea Minerals harvested from the Great Barrier Reef containing over 40 vitally essential micro elements and minerals to benefit the skin on a cellular level.